Serious injuries at a workplace are tremendously common. There are multiple types of workplace injuries that workers across every occupation can encounter. These inevitable injuries are encountered by people in different ranges of jobs, which can be extremely hazardous. For instance, compare an office worker with a chef or cook. Which one of them is more prone to getting injured? Of course, the chef, because he is at a higher risk of getting burnt.
Around the year 2015-2016, 144 workers died due to fatal injuries caused to them at their workplace. The place where one works can be extremely hazardous, and it is the employer’s job to be in an environment that is safe to work in.
If any of your loved one or family member ever gets injured while working, they have all the rights to get compensations and benefits. Although everyone wants to be saved from such tragedies, here are a few of the major injuries faced by workers.
Types of Injuries among Factory Workers
Factories are dangerous places due to their assembly lines, therefore presenting several hazards for the employees. Although the work assigned to every individual is different, the risks they face are very similar throughout the sectors. Labor statistics has outlined a few of these risks, which are:
- Overextension: Disorders of the musculoskeletal system are a result of overextension. It is one of the most common types of injuries that employees of factories encounter due to the nature of their job which requires excessive stamina and exertion.
- Monotonous Motion: Soft tissues of the body start wearing off when your body moves in the same manner over and over. Similar movement continuously results in tissue damage and provides less cushioning, resulting in discomfort, pain and health problems.
- Injuries due to bodily movements: Constant bending, twisting, crawling and reaching results in major injuries.
- Transportation Accidents: There are a significant number of injuries that can be caused due to transportation accidents.
- Inhalation of harmful substances: Hazardous chemicals are a huge threat to most factory workers for they can inhale the substances and become prone to several diseases.
- Object and Equipment Contact: Loss of body parts, crushing injuries are a result of dangerous equipment that a worker is exposed to.
- Explosions and Fires: Fire can be deadly if it gets in contact with the manufacturing plants and materials that are highly combustible.
Work Injury Attorneys are always ready to help injured workers in a factory!
Getting injured at work can be very terrifying, and expecting benefits and compensations after knowing about the facts can be very discouraging. It is always wise to be looking out for them to handle your work accidents claim, after your family member or loved one had been injured at their job.
Construction Site Injury Attorney Chino Hills provide injured members of a factory with complete legal services. Their main goal is to ensure the fact that their clients get comprehensive benefits after their injuries.