The use of ridesharing apps such as Uber and Lyft have changed the way we travel. Today, more and more people in Philadelphia, Allentown and the Lehigh Valley area using their cars to transport others to their destination. This is oftentimes through apps such as Uber, Lyft, Curb, Blacklane, Jayride, GETT,Juno, Wingz, Via, Bridj, Arro, Flywheel, and other ridesharing programs. There are even platforms that allow for you to loan your car to others, such as Turo.
With the rise in the use of Uber, Lyft and other ridesharing apps comes an increase in vehicle traffic on our roads. The ridesharing attorneys at Fodera & Long, P.C. have seen an increase in Uber accidents, Lyft accidents and ridesharing accidents in the last few years. Oftentimes, these accidents cause injuries to innocent drivers and riders.
Our law firm specializes in handling Uber accidents, Lyft accidents, and ridesharing accidents involving injuries and car damage. If you are an unfortunate victim of an Uber accident, Lyft accident or ridesharing accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, and other losses such as lost wages and loss of spousal companionship. Let the experienced, Uber accident lawyers at Fodera and Long, P.C. help you seek justice. Call the Uber accident law firm of Fodera & Long, P.C. today to schedule a free consultation.
Did You Know?
(1) “I do not have car insurance and I was injured in an uber accident or lyft accident.” Ridesharing apps such as Uber and Lyft requires there to be insurance on the vehicles transporting riders. Even if you do not have your own car insurance, you may be covered under the Uber’s insurance or Lyft’s insurance for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
(2) “I drive for Uber and Lyft and do not have the right insurance on my car.”
- Auto insurance companies are cracking-down on people using cars for ridesharing such as Uber and Lyft. Oftentimes, there is language in the insurance policy that requires car owners to disclose to their insurance company that they use the vehicle for Uber, Lyft or ridesharing. If car owners fail to disclose this, the insurance company may deny coverage for the damage to your car, your personal liability, and your personal injuries.
- You may, however, still be entitled to receive such benefits through the Uber insurance or Lyft insurance.
(3) “I was in an Uber accident / Lyft accident and was injured.”
- If involved in an uber accident or lyft accident as either a driver or passenger, it is important to get as much information at the scene of the accident as possible. This includes the information of the driver of the car you are riding in and the driver of the other car involved in the accident.
- Do not hesitate to contact the police, regardless of the severity of the accident.
- If you are feeling pain, seek medical attention right away. Most riders will have their medical bills paid for by the auto insurance.
- Contact the ridesharing law firm of Fodera & Long, P.C. for a free consultation.