Personal injury statistics in America can be found from a variety of sources including the National Safety Council, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety. These sources often report different numbers and figures because of differences in their reporting process. However, the fact remains that millions of Americans are injured each year and some of these injuries go unreported and uncompensated.
The only way to ensure you get the compensation you deserve is to contact the experienced legal team at Fodera & Long immediately.
The following facts and figures were reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the year 2009:
- There were approximately 5.5 million automobile accidents in America, and 2.2 million people were injured in those accidents.
- There were more than 30,000 accidents that resulted in a death in America.
- Compared with other vehicle types, utility vehicles experienced the highest rollover rates in injuries that caused injury or death.
- People aged 16-20 years old experienced the highest injury rate compared to all other age groups.
- In Pennsylvania, there were 1,143 fatal automobile accidents that resulted in 1,256 deaths.